Fort Wayne, Indiana Toddler Dies Of Drug Overdose
This is not your typical case of a drug overdose where a child finds a bottle of pills and swallows them all. The child in question was a 3-year old boy in Indiana who was part of a sick game that his parents liked to play with him. He was fed from a bottle, and the parents used his bottle to watch him, as they put it, “have some fun”. This story originally ran as Indiana Toddler Dies Of Drug Overdose.
The parents would put drugs in the boy’s bottle, and they would watch the see what sort of reaction he had when he had the drugs in his system. Court documents appear to indicate that the parents also did this with a 6-year old who also lived in the house. This is an unfortunate game that ended in the boy dying in the couple’s home.
The body of the boy apparently sat in the house for a whole day before the parents decided what to do with his body. There was a teenager living in the house who acted as a babysitter, and it appears that the teenage babysitter knew what was going on.
Indiana Toddler Dies Of Drug Overdose: The Disposal
The parents apparently thought long and hard about they were going to do with the body before they disposed of it. They originally wanted to chop up the body according to the teenage babysitter, but they decided on putting him in a wooden box and setting it on fire. This was the plan that led them to bury the body in the woods after setting him on fire.
When they had buried the body, they reported to the police that the boy had gone missing. The problem was that they still had drugs in the house. These drugs were found, and it was easy for the police to trace the steps of the couple to where they had buried the boy.
The parents have been charged with neglect of a dependent and abuse of a corpse. These charges could increase when the state determines how they want to charge the couple with the death of the boy. The teenage babysitter is also being held, and most of the information on the case is coming through him.
This is a cautionary tale about what parents should and should not do. This is the clear neglect of a minor who has no idea what was going on. He seemed to be a fun-loving child, but he was lost because his parents decided that their fun was more important than his life.